Skip to content
Food & Water Precautions
- Boil it, cook it, peel it or forget it
- Use purified water for brushing your teeth as well as drinking
- Safe water to drink is boiled, purified, or bottled
- Reliable purification systems include both a filter (for killing parasites) and a chemical (for killing viruses & bacteria) such as chlorine dioxide.
- Drink carbonated drinks, hot tea or coffee
- Avoid ice in your drinks
- Be cautious of unpasteurized dairy, ice cream, street vendors, buffet food, raw vegetables such as salads, large reef fish (grouper, snapper, barracuda) even if cooked.