Prepare for your pre-travel health consultation at Odyssey
Consulting with our health professionals before you travel is an important step in protecting your health, educating yourself and preventing disease. We offer several pre-travel health services to meet the needs of different types of travellers:
- Our comprehensive pre-travel consultation is designed for leisure travellers. Vacation, adventure, volunteer or school trips. Individuals, groups or families.
- Our business travel consultation is designed for work related travellers. Frequent short trips, rotational or long-stay. Individuals, groups or families relocating overseas.
- We also offer a resort visit for all-inclusive travellers. Short-term, low risk travel to destinations without malaria risk.
Your job at your appointment is to bring:
- Your travel itinerary
- Your current immunization records, which can be obtained by contacting Central Records at 403- 214-3641 if from Calgary or your local Public Health Centre if from a location outside of Calgary. Consider faxing a copy to us 403-210-4775 prior to your appointment
- A list of your current health concerns and medications
- For Resort Visits: print out, complete and bring our Resort Travel Information form to your appointment
- For all other pre-travel consultations: print out, complete and bring our Travel & Health Information form to your appointment
Our job at your appointment is to:
- Review your medical profile, including your immunization records
- Discuss your detailed travel plans and provide education to reduce risks
- Recommend and start immunizations. Follow-up visits may be required
- Provide travel related prescriptions
After your pre-travel consultation, at your request, we are happy to share a summary of services provided to your family physician, in order to improve continuity of care.
Refer a patient for pre-travel care
If you are a healthcare provider wishing to refer a patient to our clinic for risk reduction and travel preparations, complete our appointment request form on the right side of this page.